THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The first step in applying for funding is to submit an Expression of Interest that captures briefly the project concept and scope. Applicants are required to complete an Expression of Interest Application Form, providing a summary of key details including an outline of the proposed project, its potential impact and benefits, information about the applicant and any proposed partners.
The SA Dairy Industry Fund Board will assess the applications and select a short-list. Short-listed projects may then be invited to submit more detailed information, including budgets and reporting targets, before funding allocations are made.
At this stage, it is envisaged that there will only be one call for Expressions of Interest in 2017 closing June 16. However, the board is open to considering applications at other times for short-term opportunity funding of concepts that offer outstanding potential.
Please click here for a copy of the SA Dairy Industry Fund Project Application Form
The main criteria that will be used to evaluate applications include:
- Supports the Fund’s priorities as stated in the Guidelines
- Level of innovation and originality of the proposed concept
- Quality and scope of the project, including the proposed methodology
- Potential return on investment and/or ability to add value to the SA dairy industry
- Potential benefits to the SA dairy industry and its communities
- Track record of the applicant in implementing similar projects and/or working with the dairy industry and any part its supply chain
- The level of in-kind and/or matching funding from other sources, and/or the potential to develop new partnerships for the SA dairy industry
- Relevance to the SA dairy industry and its communities
Applications are welcome from diverse sectors including research and extension organisations, individuals, private companies, dairy processors and boutique manufacturers, farmer and community groups, and industry associations.
The Board intends to allocate up to $200,000 in the 2017 round.
Expressions of interest close at 5pm on Friday, June 16, 2017.
The Fund Board will assess the applications and finalise a short list in early July 2017.
Short-listed projects may then be invited to submit more detailed information before funding allocations are decided and announced in August 2017.
SA Dairy Industry Fund
Mobile: 0439 444 509
Completed Expressions of Interest should be forwarded to:
SA Dairy Industry Fund
Unit 5, 780 South Road
GLANDORE SA 5037